1. This course is a beginning, not an end. 2Your Friend goes with you. 3You are not alone. 4No one who calls on Him can call in vain. 5Whatever troubles you, be certain that He has the answer, and will gladly give it to you, if you simply turn to Him and ask it of Him. 6He will not withhold all answers that you need for anything that seems to trouble you. 7He knows the way to solve all problems, and resolve all doubts. 8His certainty is yours. 9You need but ask it of Him, and it will be given you.
2. You are as certain of arriving home as is the pathway of the sun laid down before it rises, after it has set, and in the half-lit hours in between. 2Indeed, your pathway is more certain still. 3For it can not be possible to change the course of those whom God has called to Him. 4Therefore obey your will, and follow Him Whom you accepted as your voice, to speak of what you really want and really need. 5His is the Voice for God and also yours. 6And thus He speaks of freedom and of truth.
3. No more specific lessons are assigned, for there is no more need of them. 2Henceforth, hear but the Voice for God and for your Self when you retire from the world, to seek reality instead. 3He will direct your efforts, telling you exactly what to do, how to direct your mind, and when to come to Him in silence, asking for His sure direction and His certain Word. 4His is the Word that God has given you. 5His is the Word you chose to be your own.
4. And now I place you in His hands, to be His faithful follower, with Him as Guide through every difficulty and all pain that you may think is real. 2Nor will He give you pleasures that will pass away, for He gives only the eternal and the good. 3Let Him prepare you further. 4He has earned your trust by speaking daily to you of your Father and your brother and your Self. 5He will continue. 6Now you walk with Him, as certain as is He of where you go; as sure as He of how you should proceed; as confident as He is of the goal, and of your safe arrival in the end.
5. The end is certain, and the means as well. 2To this we say “Amen.” 3You will be told exactly what God wills for you each time there is a choice to make. 4And He will speak for God and for your Self, thus making sure that hell will claim you not, and that each choice you make brings Heaven nearer to your reach. 5And so we walk with Him from this time on, and turn to Him for guidance and for peace and sure direction. 6Joy attends our way. 7For we go homeward to an open door which God has held unclosed to welcome us.
6. We trust our ways to Him and say “Amen.” 2In peace we will continue in His way, and trust all things to Him. 3In confidence we wait His answers, as we ask His Will in everything we do. 4He loves God’s Son as we would love him. 5And He teaches us how to behold him through His eyes, and love him as He does. 6You do not walk alone. 7God’s angels hover near and all about. 8His Love surrounds you, and of this be sure; that I will never leave you comfortless.