I share God’s Will for happiness for me.
1. You do not want to suffer. 2You may think it buys you something, and may still believe a little that it buys you what you want. 3Yet this belief is surely shaken now, at least enough to let you question it, and to suspect it really makes no sense. 4It has not gone as yet, but lacks the roots that once secured it tightly to the dark and hidden secret places of your mind.
2. Today we try to loose its weakened hold still further, and to realize that pain is purposeless, without a cause and with no power to accomplish anything. 2It cannot purchase anything at all. 3It offers nothing, and does not exist. 4And everything you think it offers you is lacking in existence, like itself. 5You have been slave to nothing. 6Be you free today to join the happy Will of God.
3. For several days we will continue to devote our periods of practicing to exercises planned to help you reach the happiness God’s Will has placed in you. 2Here is your home, and here your safety is. 3Here is your peace, and here there is no fear. 4Here is salvation. 5Here is rest at last.
4. Begin your practice periods today with this acceptance of God’s Will for you:
2I share God’s Will for happiness for me, and I accept it as my function now.
3Then seek this function deep within your mind, for it is there, awaiting but your choice. 4You cannot fail to find it when you learn it is your choice, and that you share God’s Will.
5. Be happy, for your only function here is happiness. 2You have no need to be less loving to God’s Son than He Whose Love created him as loving as Himself. 3Besides these hourly five-minute rests, pause frequently today, to tell yourself that you have now accepted happiness as your one function. 4And be sure that you are joining with God’s Will in doing this.