I seek but what belongs to me in truth.
1. Today’s idea continues with the thought that joy and peace are not but idle dreams. 2They are your right, because of what you are. 3They come to you from God, Who cannot fail to give you what He wills. 4Yet must there be a place made ready to receive His gifts. 5They are not welcomed gladly by a mind that has instead received the gifts it made where His belong, as substitutes for them.
2. Today we would remove all meaningless and self-made gifts which we have placed upon the holy altar where God’s gifts belong. 2His are the gifts that are our own in truth. 3His are the gifts that we inherited before time was, and that will still be ours when time has passed into eternity. 4His are the gifts that are within us now, for they are timeless. 5And we need not wait to have them. 6They belong to us today.
3. Therefore, we choose to have them now, and know, in choosing them in place of what we made, we but unite our will with what God wills, and recognize the same as being one. 2Our longer practice periods today, the hourly five minutes given truth for your salvation, should begin with this:
3I seek but what belongs to me in truth,
And joy and peace are my inheritance.
4Then lay aside the conflicts of the world that offer other gifts and other goals made of illusions, witnessed to by them, and sought for only in a world of dreams.
4. All this we lay aside, and seek instead that which is truly ours, as we ask to recognize what God has given us. 2We clear a holy place within our minds before His altar, where His gifts of peace and joy are welcome, and to which we come to find what has been given us by Him. 3We come in confidence today, aware that what belongs to us in truth is what He gives. 4And we would wish for nothing else, for nothing else belongs to us in truth.
5. So do we clear the way for Him today by simply recognizing that His Will is done already, and that joy and peace belong to us as His eternal gifts. 2We will not let ourselves lose sight of them between the times we come to seek for them where He has laid them. 3This reminder will we bring to mind as often as we can:
4I seek but what belongs to me in truth.
5God’s gifts of joy and peace are all I want.