Truth will correct all errors in my mind.
1. What can correct illusions but the truth? 2And what are errors but illusions that remain unrecognized for what they are? 3Where truth has entered errors disappear. 4They merely vanish, leaving not a trace by which to be remembered. 5They are gone because, without belief, they have no life. 6And so they disappear to nothingness, returning whence they came. 7From dust to dust they come and go, for only truth remains.
2. Can you imagine what a state of mind without illusions is? 2How it would feel? 3Try to remember when there was a time,—perhaps a minute, maybe even less—when nothing came to interrupt your peace; when you were certain you were loved and safe. 4Then try to picture what it would be like to have that moment be extended to the end of time and to eternity. 5Then let the sense of quiet that you felt be multiplied a hundred times, and then be multiplied another hundred more.
3. And now you have a hint, not more than just the faintest intimation of the state your mind will rest in when the truth has come. 2Without illusions there could be no fear, no doubt and no attack. 3When truth has come all pain is over, for there is no room for transitory thoughts and dead ideas to linger in your mind. 4Truth occupies your mind completely, liberating you from all beliefs in the ephemeral. 5They have no place because the truth has come, and they are nowhere. 6They can not be found, for truth is everywhere forever, now.
4. When truth has come it does not stay a while, to disappear or change to something else. 2It does not shift and alter in its form, nor come and go and go and come again. 3It stays exactly as it always was, to be depended on in every need, and trusted with a perfect trust in all the seeming difficulties and the doubts that the appearances the world presents engender. 4They will merely blow away, when truth corrects the errors in your mind.
5. When truth has come it harbors in its wings the gift of perfect constancy, and love which does not falter in the face of pain, but looks beyond it, steadily and sure. 2Here is the gift of healing, for the truth needs no defense, and therefore no attack is possible. 3Illusions can be brought to truth to be corrected. 4But the truth stands far beyond illusions, and can not be brought to them to turn them into truth.
6. Truth does not come and go nor shift nor change, in this appearance now and then in that, evading capture and escaping grasp. 2It does not hide. 3It stands in open light, in obvious accessibility. 4It is impossible that anyone could seek it truly, and would not succeed. 5Today belongs to truth. 6Give truth its due, and it will give you yours. 7You were not meant to suffer and to die. 8Your Father wills these dreams be gone. 9Let truth correct them all.
7. We do not ask for what we do not have. 2We merely ask for what belongs to us, that we may recognize it as our own. 3Today we practice on the happy note of certainty that has been born of truth. 4The shaky and unsteady footsteps of illusion are not our approach today. 5We are as certain of success as we are sure we live and hope and breathe and think. 6We do not doubt we walk with truth today, and count on it to enter into all the exercises that we do this day.
8. Begin by asking Him Who goes with you upon this undertaking that He be in your awareness as you go with Him. 2You are not made of flesh and blood and bone, but were created by the selfsame Thought which gave the gift of life to Him as well. 3He is your Brother, and so like to you your Father knows that You are both the same. 4It is your Self you ask to go with you, and how could He be absent where you are?
9. Truth will correct all errors in your mind which tell you you could be apart from Him. 2You speak to Him today, and make your pledge to let His function be fulfilled through you. 3To share His function is to share His joy. 4His confidence is with you, as you say:
5Truth will correct all errors in my mind,
And I will rest in Him Who is my Self.
6Then let Him lead you gently to the truth, which will envelop you and give you peace so deep and tranquil that you will return to the familiar world reluctantly.
10. And yet you will be glad to look again upon this world. 2For you will bring with you the promise of the changes which the truth that goes with you will carry to the world. 3They will increase with every gift you give of five small minutes, and the errors that surround the world will be corrected as you let them be corrected in your mind.
11. Do not forget your function for today. 2Each time you tell yourself with confidence, “Truth will correct all errors in my mind,” you speak for all the world and Him Who would release the world, as He would set you free.