I rest in God.
1. We ask for rest today, and quietness unshaken by the world’s appearances. 2We ask for peace and stillness, in the midst of all the turmoil born of clashing dreams. 3We ask for safety and for happiness, although we seem to look on danger and on sorrow. 4And we have the thought that will answer our asking with what we request.
2. “I rest in God.” 2This thought will bring to you the rest and quiet, peace and stillness, and the safety and the happiness you seek. 3“I rest in God.” 4This thought has power to wake the sleeping truth in you, whose vision sees beyond appearances to that same truth in everyone and everything there is. 5Here is the end of suffering for all the world, and everyone who ever came and yet will come to linger for a while. 6Here is the thought in which the Son of God is born again, to recognize himself.
3. “I rest in God.” 2Completely undismayed, this thought will carry you through storms and strife, past misery and pain, past loss and death, and onward to the certainty of God. 3There is no suffering it cannot heal. 4There is no problem that it cannot solve. 5And no appearance but will turn to truth before the eyes of you who rest in God.
4. This is the day of peace. 2You rest in God, and while the world is torn by winds of hate your rest remains completely undisturbed. 3Yours is the rest of truth. 4Appearances cannot intrude on you. 5You call to all to join you in your rest, and they will hear and come to you because you rest in God. 6They will not hear another voice than yours because you gave your voice to God, and now you rest in Him and let Him speak through you.
5. In Him you have no cares and no concerns, no burdens, no anxiety, no pain, no fear of future and no past regrets. 2In timelessness you rest, while time goes by without its touch upon you, for your rest can never change in any way at all. 3You rest today. 4And as you close your eyes, sink into stillness. 5Let these periods of rest and respite reassure your mind that all its frantic fantasies were but the dreams of fever that has passed away. 6Let it be still and thankfully accept its healing. 7No more fearful dreams will come, now that you rest in God. 8Take time today to slip away from dreams and into peace.
6. Each hour that you take your rest today, a tired mind is suddenly made glad, a bird with broken wings begins to sing, a stream long dry begins to flow again. 2The world is born again each time you rest, and hourly remember that you came to bring the peace of God into the world, that it might take its rest along with you.
7. With each five minutes that you rest today, the world is nearer waking. 2And the time when rest will be the only thing there is comes closer to all worn and tired minds, too weary now to go their way alone. 3And they will hear the bird begin to sing and see the stream begin to flow again, with hope reborn and energy restored to walk with lightened steps along the road that suddenly seems easy as they go.
8. You rest within the peace of God today, and call upon your brothers from your rest to draw them to their rest, along with you. 2You will be faithful to your trust today, forgetting no one, bringing everyone into the boundless circle of your peace, the holy sanctuary where you rest. 3Open the temple doors and let them come from far across the world, and near as well; your distant brothers and your closest friends; bid them all enter here and rest with you.
9. You rest within the peace of God today, quiet and unafraid. 2Each brother comes to take his rest, and offer it to you. 3We rest together here, for thus our rest is made complete, and what we give today we have received already. 4Time is not the guardian of what we give today. 5We give to those unborn and those passed by, to every Thought of God, and to the Mind in which these Thoughts were born and where they rest. 6And we remind them of their resting place each time we tell ourselves, “I rest in God.”