Forgiveness offers everything I want.
1. What could you want forgiveness cannot give? 2Do you want peace? 3Forgiveness offers it. 4Do you want happiness, a quiet mind, a certainty of purpose, and a sense of worth and beauty that transcends the world? 5Do you want care and safety, and the warmth of sure protection always? 6Do you want a quietness that cannot be disturbed, a gentleness that never can be hurt, a deep abiding comfort, and a rest so perfect it can never be upset?
2. All this forgiveness offers you, and more. 2It sparkles on your eyes as you awake, and gives you joy with which to meet the day. 3It soothes your forehead while you sleep, and rests upon your eyelids so you see no dreams of fear and evil, malice and attack. 4And when you wake again, it offers you another day of happiness and peace. 5All this forgiveness offers you, and more.
3. Forgiveness lets the veil be lifted up that hides the face of Christ from those who look with unforgiving eyes upon the world. 2It lets you recognize the Son of God, and clears your memory of all dead thoughts so that remembrance of your Father can arise across the threshold of your mind. 3What would you want forgiveness cannot give? 4What gifts but these are worthy to be sought? 5What fancied value, trivial effect or transient promise, never to be kept, can hold more hope than what forgiveness brings?
4. Why would you seek an answer other than the answer that will answer everything? 2Here is the perfect answer, given to imperfect questions, meaningless requests, halfhearted willingness to hear, and less than halfway diligence and partial trust. 3Here is the answer! 4Seek for it no more. 5You will not find another one instead.
5. God’s plan for your salvation cannot change, nor can it fail. 2Be thankful it remains exactly as He planned it. 3Changelessly it stands before you like an open door, with warmth and welcome calling from beyond the doorway, bidding you to enter in and make yourself at home, where you belong.
6. Here is the answer! 2Would you stand outside while all of Heaven waits for you within? 3Forgive and be forgiven. 4As you give you will receive. 5There is no plan but this for the salvation of the Son of God. 6Let us today rejoice that this is so, for here we have an answer, clear and plain, beyond deceit in its simplicity. 7All the complexities the world has spun of fragile cobwebs disappear before the power and the majesty of this extremely simple statement of the truth.
7. Here is the answer! 2Do not turn away in aimless wandering again. 3Accept salvation now. 4It is the gift of God, and not the world. 5The world can give no gifts of any value to a mind that has received what God has given as its own. 6God wills salvation be received today, and that the intricacies of your dreams no longer hide their nothingness from you.
8. Open your eyes today and look upon a happy world of safety and of peace. 2Forgiveness is the means by which it comes to take the place of hell. 3In quietness it rises up to greet your open eyes, and fill your heart with deep tranquility as ancient truths, forever newly born, arise in your awareness. 4What you will remember then can never be described. 5Yet your forgiveness offers it to you.
9. Remembering the gifts forgiveness gives, we undertake our practicing today with hope and faith that this will be the day salvation will be ours. 2Earnestly and gladly will we seek for it today, aware we hold the key within our hands, accepting Heaven’s answer to the hell we made, but where we would remain no more.
10. Morning and evening do we gladly give a quarter of an hour to the search in which the end of hell is guaranteed. 2Begin in hopefulness, for we have reached the turning point at which the road becomes far easier. 3And now the way is short that yet we travel. 4We are close indeed to the appointed ending of the dream.
11. Sink into happiness as you begin these practice periods, for they hold out the sure rewards of questions answered and what your acceptance of the answer brings. 2Today it will be given you to feel the peace forgiveness offers, and the joy the lifting of the veil holds out to you.
12. Before the light you will receive today the world will fade until it disappears, and you will see another world arise you have no words to picture. 2Now we walk directly into light, and we receive the gifts that have been held in store for us since time began, kept waiting for today.
13. Forgiveness offers everything you want. 2Today all things you want are given you. 3Let not your gifts recede throughout the day, as you return again to meet a world of shifting change and bleak appearances. 4Retain your gifts in clear awareness as you see the changeless in the heart of change; the light of truth behind appearances.
14. Be tempted not to let your gifts slip by and drift into forgetfulness, but hold them firmly in your mind by your attempts to think of them at least a minute as each quarter of an hour passes by. 2Remind yourself how precious are these gifts with this reminder, which has power to hold your gifts in your awareness through the day:
3Forgiveness offers everything I want.
4Today I have accepted this as true.
5Today I have received the gifts of God.