I thank my Father for His gifts to me.
1. Today let us be thankful. 2We have come to gentler pathways and to smoother roads. 3There is no thought of turning back, and no implacable resistance to the truth. 4A bit of wavering remains, some small objections and a little hesitance, but you can well be grateful for your gains, which are far greater than you realize.
2. A day devoted now to gratitude will add the benefit of some insight into the real extent of all the gains which you have made; the gifts you have received. 2Be glad today, in loving thankfulness, your Father has not left you to yourself, nor let you wander in the dark alone. 3Be grateful He has saved you from the self you thought you made to take the place of Him and His creation. 4Give Him thanks today.
3. Give thanks that He has not abandoned you, and that His Love forever will remain shining on you, forever without change. 2Give thanks as well that you are changeless, for the Son He loves is changeless as Himself. 3Be grateful you are saved. 4Be glad you have a function in salvation to fulfill. 5Be thankful that your value far transcends your meager gifts and petty judgments of the one whom God established as His Son.
4. Today in gratitude we lift our hearts above despair, and raise our thankful eyes, no longer looking downward to the dust. 2We sing the song of thankfulness today, in honor of the Self that God has willed to be our true Identity in Him. 3Today we smile on everyone we see, and walk with lightened footsteps as we go to do what is appointed us to do.
5. We do not go alone. 2And we give thanks that in our solitude a Friend has come to speak the saving Word of God to us. 3And thanks to you for listening to Him. 4His Word is soundless if it be not heard. 5In thanking Him the thanks are yours as well. 6An unheard message will not save the world, however mighty be the Voice that speaks, however loving may the message be.
6. Thanks be to you who heard, for you become the messenger who brings His Voice with you, and lets It echo round and round the world. 2Receive the thanks of God today, as you give thanks to Him. 3For He would offer you the thanks you give, since He receives your gifts in loving gratitude, and gives them back a thousand and a hundred thousand more than they were given. 4He will bless your gifts by sharing them with you. 5And so they grow in power and in strength, until they fill the world with gladness and with gratitude.
7. Receive His thanks and offer yours to Him for fifteen minutes twice today. 2And you will realize to Whom you offer thanks, and Whom He thanks as you are thanking Him. 3This holy half an hour given Him will be returned to you in terms of years for every second; power to save the world eons more quickly for your thanks to Him.
8. Receive His thanks, and you will understand how lovingly He holds you in His Mind, how deep and limitless His care for you, how perfect is His gratitude to you. 2Remember hourly to think of Him, and give Him thanks for everything He gave His Son, that he might rise above the world, remembering his Father and his Self.