In quiet I receive God’s Word today.
1. Let this day be a day of stillness and of quiet listening. 2Your Father wills you hear His Word today. 3He calls to you from deep within your mind where He abides. 4Hear Him today. 5No peace is possible until His Word is heard around the world; until your mind, in quiet listening, accepts the message that the world must hear to usher in the quiet time of peace.
2. This world will change through you. 2No other means can save it, for God’s plan is simply this: The Son of God is free to save himself, given the Word of God to be his Guide, forever in his mind and at his side to lead him surely to his Father’s house by his own will, forever free as God’s. 3He is not led by force, but only love. 4He is not judged, but only sanctified.
3. In stillness we will hear God’s Voice today without intrusion of our petty thoughts, without our personal desires, and without all judgment of His holy Word. 2We will not judge ourselves today, for what we are can not be judged. 3We stand apart from all the judgments which the world has laid upon the Son of God. 4It knows him not. 5Today we will not listen to the world, but wait in silence for the Word of God.
4. Hear, holy Son of God, your Father speak. 2His Voice would give to you His holy Word, to spread across the world the tidings of salvation and the holy time of peace. 3We gather at the throne of God today, the quiet place within the mind where He abides forever, in the holiness that He created and will never leave.
5. He has not waited until you return your mind to Him to give His Word to you. 2He has not hid Himself from you, while you have wandered off a little while from Him. 3He does not cherish the illusions which you hold about yourself. 4He knows His Son, and wills that he remain as part of Him regardless of his dreams; regardless of his madness that his will is not his own.
6. Today He speaks to you. 2His Voice awaits your silence, for His Word can not be heard until your mind is quiet for a while, and meaningless desires have been stilled. 3Await His Word in quiet. 4There is peace within you to be called upon today, to help make ready your most holy mind to hear the Voice for its Creator speak.
7. Three times today, at times most suitable for silence, give ten minutes set apart from listening to the world, and choose instead a gentle listening to the Word of God. 2He speaks from nearer than your heart to you. 3His Voice is closer than your hand. 4His Love is everything you are and that He is; the same as you, and you the same as He.
8. It is your voice to which you listen as He speaks to you. 2It is your word He speaks. 3It is the Word of freedom and of peace, of unity of will and purpose, with no separation nor division in the single Mind of Father and of Son. 4In quiet listen to your Self today, and let Him tell you God has never left His Son, and you have never left your Self.
9. Only be quiet. 2You will need no rule but this, to let your practicing today lift you above the thinking of the world, and free your vision from the body’s eyes. 3Only be still and listen. 4You will hear the Word in which the Will of God the Son joins in His Father’s Will, at one with it, with no illusions interposed between the wholly indivisible and true. 5As every hour passes by today, be still a moment and remind yourself you have a special purpose for this day; in quiet to receive the Word of God.