There is no love but God’s.
1. Perhaps you think that different kinds of love are possible. 2Perhaps you think there is a kind of love for this, a kind for that; a way of loving one, another way of loving still another. 3Love is one. 4It has no separate parts and no degrees; no kinds nor levels, no divergencies and no distinctions. 5It is like itself, unchanged throughout. 6It never alters with a person or a circumstance. 7It is the Heart of God, and also of His Son.
2. Love’s meaning is obscure to anyone who thinks that love can change. 2He does not see that changing love must be impossible. 3And thus he thinks that he can love at times, and hate at other times. 4He also thinks that love can be bestowed on one, and yet remain itself although it is withheld from others. 5To believe these things of love is not to understand it. 6If it could make such distinctions, it would have to judge between the righteous and the sinner, and perceive the Son of God in separate parts.
3. Love cannot judge. 2As it is one itself, it looks on all as one. 3Its meaning lies in oneness. 4And it must elude the mind that thinks of it as partial or in part. 5There is no love but God’s, and all of love is His. 6There is no other principle that rules where love is not. 7Love is a law without an opposite. 8Its wholeness is the power holding everything as one, the link between the Father and the Son which holds Them both forever as the same.
4. No course whose purpose is to teach you to remember what you really are could fail to emphasize that there can never be a difference in what you really are and what love is. 2Love’s meaning is your own, and shared by God Himself. 3For what you are is what He is. 4There is no love but His, and what He is, is everything there is. 5There is no limit placed upon Himself, and so are you unlimited as well.
5. No law the world obeys can help you grasp love’s meaning. 2What the world believes was made to hide love’s meaning, and to keep it dark and secret. 3There is not one principle the world upholds but violates the truth of what love is, and what you are as well.
6. Seek not within the world to find your Self. 2Love is not found in darkness and in death. 3Yet it is perfectly apparent to the eyes that see and ears that hear love’s Voice. 4Today we practice making free your mind of all the laws you think you must obey; of all the limits under which you live, and all the changes that you think are part of human destiny. 5Today we take the largest single step this course requests in your advance towards its established goal.
7. If you achieve the faintest glimmering of what love means today, you have advanced in distance without measure and in time beyond the count of years to your release. 2Let us together, then, be glad to give some time to God today, and understand there is no better use for time than this.
8. For fifteen minutes twice today escape from every law in which you now believe. 2Open your mind and rest. 3The world that seems to hold you prisoner can be escaped by anyone who does not hold it dear. 4Withdraw all value you have placed upon its meager offerings and senseless gifts, and let the gift of God replace them all.
9. Call to your Father, certain that His Voice will answer. 2He Himself has promised this. 3And He Himself will place a spark of truth within your mind wherever you give up a false belief, a dark illusion of your own reality and what love means. 4He will shine through your idle thoughts today, and help you understand the truth of love. 5In loving gentleness He will abide with you, as you allow His Voice to teach love’s meaning to your clean and open mind. 6And He will bless the lesson with His Love.
10. Today the legion of the future years of waiting for salvation disappears before the timelessness of what you learn. 2Let us give thanks today that we are spared a future like the past. 3Today we leave the past behind us, nevermore to be remembered. 4And we raise our eyes upon a different present, where a future dawns unlike the past in every attribute.
11. The world in infancy is newly born. 2And we will watch it grow in health and strength, to shed its blessing upon all who come to learn to cast aside the world they thought was made in hate to be love’s enemy. 3Now are they all made free, along with us. 4Now are they all our brothers in God’s Love.
12. We will remember them throughout the day, because we cannot leave a part of us outside our love if we would know our Self. 2At least three times an hour think of one who makes the journey with you, and who came to learn what you must learn. 3And as he comes to mind, give him this message from your Self:
4I bless you, brother, with the Love of God, which I would share with you. 5For I would learn the joyous lesson that there is no love but God’s and yours and mine and everyone’s.