Let not my mind deny the Thought of God.
1. What makes this world seem real except your own denial of the truth that lies beyond? 2What but your thoughts of misery and death obscure the perfect happiness and the eternal life your Father wills for you? 3And what could hide what cannot be concealed except illusion? 4What could keep from you what you already have except your choice to see it not, denying it is there?
2. The Thought of God created you. 2It left you not, nor have you ever been apart from it an instant. 3It belongs to you. 4By it you live. 5It is your Source of life, holding you one with it, and everything is one with you because it left you not. 6The Thought of God protects you, cares for you, makes soft your resting place and smooth your way, lighting your mind with happiness and love. 7Eternity and everlasting life shine in your mind, because the Thought of God has left you not, and still abides with you.
3. Who would deny his safety and his peace, his joy, his healing and his peace of mind, his quiet rest, his calm awakening, if he but recognized where they abide? 2Would he not instantly prepare to go where they are found, abandoning all else as worthless in comparison with them? 3And having found them, would he not make sure they stay with him, and he remain with them?
4. Deny not Heaven. 2It is yours today, but for the asking. 3Nor need you perceive how great the gift, how changed your mind will be before it comes to you. 4Ask to receive, and it is given you. 5Conviction lies within it. 6Till you welcome it as yours, uncertainty remains. 7Yet God is fair. 8Sureness is not required to receive what only your acceptance can bestow.
5. Ask with desire. 2You need not be sure that you request the only thing you want. 3But when you have received, you will be sure you have the treasure you have always sought. 4What would you then exchange for it? 5What would induce you now to let it fade away from your ecstatic vision? 6For this sight proves that you have exchanged your blindness for the seeing eyes of Christ; your mind has come to lay aside denial, and accept the Thought of God as your inheritance.
6. Now is all doubting past, the journey’s end made certain, and salvation given you. 2Now is Christ’s power in your mind, to heal as you were healed. 3For now you are among the saviors of the world. 4Your destiny lies there and nowhere else. 5Would God consent to let His Son remain forever starved by his denial of the nourishment he needs to live? 6Abundance dwells in him, and deprivation cannot cut him off from God’s sustaining Love and from his home.
7. Practice today in hope. 2For hope indeed is justified. 3Your doubts are meaningless, for God is certain. 4And the Thought of Him is never absent. 5Sureness must abide within you who are host to Him. 6This course removes all doubts which you have interposed between Him and your certainty of Him.
8. We count on God, and not upon ourselves, to give us certainty. 2And in His Name we practice as His Word directs we do. 3His sureness lies beyond our every doubt. 4His Love remains beyond our every fear. 5The Thought of Him is still beyond all dreams and in our minds, according to His Will.