I am determined to see.
1. We have been quite casual about our practice periods thus far. 2There has been virtually no attempt to direct the time for undertaking them, minimal effort has been required, and not even active cooperation and interest have been asked. 3This approach has been intentional, and very carefully planned. 4We have not lost sight of the crucial importance of the reversal of your thinking. 5The salvation of the world depends on it. 6Yet you will not see if you regard yourself as being coerced, and if you give in to resentment and opposition.
2. This is our first attempt to introduce structure. 2Do not misconstrue it as an effort to exert force or pressure. 3You want salvation. 4You want to be happy. 5You want peace. 6You do not have them now, because your mind is totally undisciplined, and you cannot distinguish between joy and sorrow, pleasure and pain, love and fear. 7You are now learning how to tell them apart. 8And great indeed will be your reward.
3. Your decision to see is all that vision requires. 2What you want is yours. 3Do not mistake the little effort that is asked of you for an indication that our goal is of little worth. 4Can the salvation of the world be a trivial purpose? 5And can the world be saved if you are not? 6God has one Son, and he is the resurrection and the life. 7His will is done because all power is given him in Heaven and on earth. 8In your determination to see is vision given you.
4. The exercises for today consist in reminding yourself throughout the day that you want to see. 2Today’s idea also tacitly implies the recognition that you do not see now. 3Therefore, as you repeat the idea, you are stating that you are determined to change your present state for a better one, and one you really want.
5. Repeat today’s idea slowly and positively at least twice an hour today, attempting to do so every half hour. 2Do not be distressed if you forget to do so, but make a real effort to remember. 3The extra repetitions should be applied to any situation, person or event that upsets you. 4You can see them differently, and you will. 5What you desire you will see. 6Such is the real law of cause and effect as it operates in the world.