My holiness blesses the world.
1. This idea contains the first glimmerings of your true function in the world, or why you are here. 2Your purpose is to see the world through your own holiness. 3Thus are you and the world blessed together. 4No one loses; nothing is taken away from anyone; everyone gains through your holy vision. 5It signifies the end of sacrifice because it offers everyone his full due. 6And he is entitled to everything because it is his birthright as a Son of God.
2. There is no other way in which the idea of sacrifice can be removed from the world’s thinking. 2Any other way of seeing will inevitably demand payment of someone or something. 3As a result, the perceiver will lose. 4Nor will he have any idea why he is losing. 5Yet is his wholeness restored to his awareness through your vision. 6Your holiness blesses him by asking nothing of him. 7Those who see themselves as whole make no demands.
3. Your holiness is the salvation of the world. 2It lets you teach the world that it is one with you, not by preaching to it, not by telling it anything, but merely by your quiet recognition that in your holiness are all things blessed along with you.
4. Today’s four longer exercise periods, each to involve three to five minutes of practice, begin with the repetition of the idea for today, followed by a minute or so of looking about you as you apply the idea to whatever you see:
2My holiness blesses this chair.
3My holiness blesses that window.
4My holiness blesses this body.
5Then close your eyes and apply the idea to any person who occurs to you, using his name and saying:
6My holiness blesses you, [name].
5. You may continue the practice period with your eyes closed; you may open your eyes again and apply the idea for today to your outer world if you so desire; you may alternate between applying the idea to what you see around you and to those who are in your thoughts; or you may use any combination of these two phases of application that you prefer. 2The practice period should conclude with a repetition of the idea with your eyes closed, and another, following immediately, with your eyes open.
6. The shorter exercises consist of repeating the idea as often as you can. 2It is particularly helpful to apply it silently to anyone you meet, using his name as you do so. 3It is essential to use the idea if anyone seems to cause an adverse reaction in you. 4Offer him the blessing of your holiness immediately, that you may learn to keep it in your own awareness.