God’s Voice speaks to me all through the day.
1. It is quite possible to listen to God’s Voice all through the day without interrupting your regular activities in any way. 2The part of your mind in which truth abides is in constant communication with God, whether you are aware of it or not. 3It is the other part of your mind that functions in the world and obeys the world’s laws. 4It is this part that is constantly distracted, disorganized and highly uncertain.
2. The part that is listening to the Voice for God is calm, always at rest and wholly certain. 2It is really the only part there is. 3The other part is a wild illusion, frantic and distraught, but without reality of any kind. 4Try today not to listen to it. 5Try to identify with the part of your mind where stillness and peace reign forever. 6Try to hear God’s Voice call to you lovingly, reminding you that your Creator has not forgotten His Son.
3. We will need at least four five-minute practice periods today, and more if possible. 2We will try actually to hear God’s Voice reminding you of Him and of your Self. 3We will approach this happiest and holiest of thoughts with confidence, knowing that in doing so we are joining our will with the Will of God. 4He wants you to hear His Voice. 5He gave It to you to be heard.
4. Listen in deep silence. 2Be very still and open your mind. 3Go past all the raucous shrieks and sick imaginings that cover your real thoughts and obscure your eternal link with God. 4Sink deep into the peace that waits for you beyond the frantic, riotous thoughts and sights and sounds of this insane world. 5You do not live here. 6We are trying to reach your real home. 7We are trying to reach the place where you are truly welcome. 8We are trying to reach God.
5. Do not forget to repeat today’s idea very frequently. 2Do so with your eyes open when necessary, but closed when possible. 3And be sure to sit quietly and repeat the idea for today whenever you can, closing your eyes on the world, and realizing that you are inviting God’s Voice to speak to you.