Forgiveness is my function as the light of the world.
1. It is your forgiveness that will bring the world of darkness to the light. 2It is your forgiveness that lets you recognize the light in which you see. 3Forgiveness is the demonstration that you are the light of the world. 4Through your forgiveness does the truth about yourself return to your memory. 5Therefore, in your forgiveness lies your salvation.
2. Illusions about yourself and the world are one. 2That is why all forgiveness is a gift to yourself. 3Your goal is to find out who you are, having denied your Identity by attacking creation and its Creator. 4Now you are learning how to remember the truth. 5For this attack must be replaced by forgiveness, so that thoughts of life may replace thoughts of death.
3. Remember that in every attack you call upon your own weakness, while each time you forgive you call upon the strength of Christ in you. 2Do you not then begin to understand what forgiveness will do for you? 3It will remove all sense of weakness, strain and fatigue from your mind. 4It will take away all fear and guilt and pain. 5It will restore the invulnerability and power God gave His Son to your awareness.
4. Let us be glad to begin and end this day by practicing today’s idea, and to use it as frequently as possible throughout the day. 2It will help to make the day as happy for you as God wants you to be. 3And it will help those around you, as well as those who seem to be far away in space and time, to share this happiness with you.
5. As often as you can, closing your eyes if possible, say to yourself today:
2Forgiveness is my function as the light of the world.
3I would fulfill my function that I may be happy.
4Then devote a minute or two to considering your function and the happiness and release it will bring you. 5Let related thoughts come freely, for your heart will recognize these words, and in your mind is the awareness they are true. 6Should your attention wander, repeat the idea and add:
7I would remember this because I want to be happy.