Love created me like itself.
1. Today’s idea is a complete and accurate statement of what you are. 2This is why you are the light of the world. 3This is why God appointed you as the world’s savior. 4This is why the Son of God looks to you for his salvation. 5He is saved by what you are. 6We will make every effort today to reach this truth about you, and to realize fully, if only for a moment, that it is the truth.
2. In the longer practice period, we will think about your reality and its wholly unchanged and unchangeable nature. 2We will begin by repeating this truth about you, and then spend a few minutes adding some relevant thoughts, such as:
3Holiness created me holy.
4Kindness created me kind.
5Helpfulness created me helpful.
6Perfection created me perfect.
7Any attribute which is in accord with God as He defines Himself is appropriate for use. 8We are trying today to undo your definition of God and replace it with His Own. 9We are also trying to emphasize that you are part of His definition of Himself.
3. After you have gone over several such related thoughts, try to let all thoughts drop away for a brief preparatory interval, and then try to reach past all your images and preconceptions about yourself to the truth in you. 2If love created you like itself, this Self must be in you. 3And somewhere in your mind It is there for you to find.
4. You may find it necessary to repeat the idea for today from time to time to replace distracting thoughts. 2You may also find that this is not sufficient, and that you need to continue adding other thoughts related to the truth about yourself. 3Yet perhaps you will succeed in going past that, and through the interval of thoughtlessness to the awareness of a blazing light in which you recognize yourself as love created you. 4Be confident that you will do much today to bring that awareness nearer, whether you feel you have succeeded or not.
5. It will be particularly helpful today to practice the idea for the day as often as you can. 2You need to hear the truth about yourself as frequently as possible, because your mind is so preoccupied with false self-images. 3Four or five times an hour, and perhaps even more, it would be most beneficial to remind yourself that love created you like itself. 4Hear the truth about yourself in this.
6. Try to realize in the shorter practice periods that this is not your tiny, solitary voice that tells you this. 2This is the Voice for God, reminding you of your Father and of your Self. 3This is the Voice of truth, replacing everything that the ego tells you about yourself with the simple truth about the Son of God. 4You were created by love like itself.