The light has come.
1. The light has come. 2You are healed and you can heal. 3The light has come. 4You are saved and you can save. 5You are at peace, and you bring peace with you wherever you go. 6Darkness and turmoil and death have disappeared. 7The light has come.
2. Today we celebrate the happy ending to your long dream of disaster. 2There are no dark dreams now. 3The light has come. 4Today the time of light begins for you and everyone. 5It is a new era, in which a new world is born. 6The old one has left no trace upon it in its passing. 7Today we see a different world, because the light has come.
3. Our exercises for today will be happy ones, in which we offer thanks for the passing of the old and the beginning of the new. 2No shadows from the past remain to darken our sight and hide the world forgiveness offers us. 3Today we will accept the new world as what we want to see. 4We will be given what we desire. 5We will to see the light; the light has come.
4. Our longer practice periods will be devoted to looking at the world that our forgiveness shows us. 2This is what we want to see, and only this. 3Our single purpose makes our goal inevitable. 4Today the real world rises before us in gladness, to be seen at last. 5Sight is given us, now that the light has come.
5. We do not want to see the ego’s shadow on the world today. 2We see the light, and in it we see Heaven’s reflection lie across the world. 3Begin the longer practice periods by telling yourself the glad tidings of your release:
4The light has come. 5I have forgiven the world.
6. Dwell not upon the past today. 2Keep a completely open mind, washed of all past ideas and clean of every concept you have made. 3You have forgiven the world today. 4You can look upon it now as if you never saw it before. 5You do not know yet what it looks like. 6You merely wait to have it shown to you. 7While you wait, repeat several times, slowly and in complete patience:
8The light has come. 9I have forgiven the world.
7. Realize that your forgiveness entitles you to vision. 2Understand that the Holy Spirit never fails to give the gift of sight to the forgiving. 3Believe He will not fail you now. 4You have forgiven the world. 5He will be with you as you watch and wait. 6He will show you what true vision sees. 7It is His Will, and you have joined with Him. 8Wait patiently for Him. 9He will be there. 10The light has come. 11You have forgiven the world.
8. Tell Him you know you cannot fail because you trust in Him. 2And tell yourself you wait in certainty to look upon the world He promised you. 3From this time forth you will see differently. 4Today the light has come. 5And you will see the world that has been promised you since time began, and in which is the end of time ensured.
9. The shorter practice periods, too, will be joyful reminders of your release. 2Remind yourself every quarter of an hour or so that today is a time for special celebration. 3Give thanks for mercy and the Love of God. 4Rejoice in the power of forgiveness to heal your sight completely. 5Be confident that on this day there is a new beginning. 6Without the darkness of the past upon your eyes, you cannot fail to see today. 7And what you see will be so welcome that you will gladly extend today forever.
10. Say, then:
2The light has come. 3I have forgiven the world.
4Should you be tempted, say to anyone who seems to pull you back into darkness:
5The light has come. 6I have forgiven you.
11. We dedicate this day to the serenity in which God would have you be. 2Keep it in your awareness of yourself and see it everywhere today, as we celebrate the beginning of your vision and the sight of the real world, which has come to replace the unforgiven world you thought was real.