I am under no laws but God’s.
1. We have observed before how many senseless things have seemed to you to be salvation. 2Each has imprisoned you with laws as senseless as itself. 3You are not bound by them. 4Yet to understand that this is so, you must first realize salvation lies not there. 5While you would seek for it in things that have no meaning, you bind yourself to laws that make no sense. 6Thus do you seek to prove salvation is where it is not.
2. Today we will be glad you cannot prove it. 2For if you could, you would forever seek salvation where it is not, and never find it. 3The idea for today tells you once again how simple is salvation. 4Look for it where it waits for you, and there it will be found. 5Look nowhere else, for it is nowhere else.
3. Think of the freedom in the recognition that you are not bound by all the strange and twisted laws you have set up to save you. 2You really think that you would starve unless you have stacks of green paper strips and piles of metal discs. 3You really think a small round pellet or some fluid pushed into your veins through a sharpened needle will ward off disease and death. 4You really think you are alone unless another body is with you.
4. It is insanity that thinks these things. 2You call them laws, and put them under different names in a long catalogue of rituals that have no use and serve no purpose. 3You think you must obey the “laws” of medicine, of economics and of health. 4Protect the body, and you will be saved.
5. These are not laws, but madness. 2The body is endangered by the mind that hurts itself. 3The body suffers just in order that the mind will fail to see it is the victim of itself. 4The body’s suffering is a mask the mind holds up to hide what really suffers. 5It would not understand it is its own enemy; that it attacks itself and wants to die. 6It is from this your “laws” would save the body. 7It is for this you think you are a body.
6. There are no laws except the laws of God. 2This needs repeating, over and over, until you realize it applies to everything that you have made in opposition to God’s Will. 3Your magic has no meaning. 4What it is meant to save does not exist. 5Only what it is meant to hide will save you.
7. The laws of God can never be replaced. 2We will devote today to rejoicing that this is so. 3It is no longer a truth that we would hide. 4We realize instead it is a truth that keeps us free forever. 5Magic imprisons, but the laws of God make free. 6The light has come because there are no laws but His.
8. We will begin the longer practice periods today with a short review of the different kinds of “laws” we have believed we must obey. 2These would include, for example, the “laws” of nutrition, of immunization, of medication, and of the body’s protection in innumerable ways. 3Think further; you believe in the “laws” of friendship, of “good” relationships and reciprocity. 4Perhaps you even think that there are laws which set forth what is God’s and what is yours. 5Many “religions” have been based on this. 6They would not save but damn in Heaven’s name. 7Yet they are no more strange than other “laws” you hold must be obeyed to make you safe.
9. There are no laws but God’s. 2Dismiss all foolish magical beliefs today, and hold your mind in silent readiness to hear the Voice that speaks the truth to you. 3You will be listening to One Who says there is no loss under the laws of God. 4Payment is neither given nor received. 5Exchange cannot be made; there are no substitutes; and nothing is replaced by something else. 6God’s laws forever give and never take.
10. Hear Him Who tells you this, and realize how foolish are the “laws” you thought upheld the world you thought you saw. 2Then listen further. 3He will tell you more. 4About the Love your Father has for you. 5About the endless joy He offers you. 6About His yearning for His only Son, created as His channel for creation; denied to Him by his belief in hell.
11. Let us today open God’s channels to Him, and let His Will extend through us to Him. 2Thus is creation endlessly increased. 3His Voice will speak of this to us, as well as of the joys of Heaven which His laws keep limitless forever. 4We will repeat today’s idea until we have listened and understood there are no laws but God’s. 5Then we will tell ourselves, as a dedication with which the practice period concludes:
6I am under no laws but God’s.
12. We will repeat this dedication as often as possible today; at least four or five times an hour, as well as in response to any temptation to experience ourselves as subject to other laws throughout the day. 2It is our statement of freedom from all danger and all tyranny. 3It is our acknowledgment that God is our Father, and that His Son is saved.