Miracles are seen in light, and light and strength are one.
1. The idea for today is an extension of the previous one. 2You do not think of light in terms of strength, and darkness in terms of weakness. 3That is because your idea of what seeing means is tied up with the body and its eyes and brain. 4Thus you believe that you can change what you see by putting little bits of glass before your eyes. 5This is among the many magical beliefs that come from the conviction you are a body, and the body’s eyes can see.
2. You also believe the body’s brain can think. 2If you but understood the nature of thought, you could but laugh at this insane idea. 3It is as if you thought you held the match that lights the sun and gives it all its warmth; or that you held the world within your hand, securely bound until you let it go. 4Yet this is no more foolish than to believe the body’s eyes can see; the brain can think.
3. It is God’s strength in you that is the light in which you see, as it is His Mind with which you think. 2His strength denies your weakness. 3It is your weakness that sees through the body’s eyes, peering about in darkness to behold the likeness of itself; the small, the weak, the sickly and the dying, those in need, the helpless and afraid, the sad, the poor, the starving and the joyless. 4These are seen through eyes that cannot see and cannot bless.
4. Strength overlooks these things by seeing past appearances. 2It keeps its steady gaze upon the light that lies beyond them. 3It unites with light, of which it is a part. 4It sees itself. 5It brings the light in which your Self appears. 6In darkness you perceive a self that is not there. 7Strength is the truth about you; weakness is an idol falsely worshipped and adored that strength may be dispelled, and darkness rule where God appointed that there should be light.
5. Strength comes from truth, and shines with light its Source has given it; weakness reflects the darkness of its maker. 2It is sick and looks on sickness, which is like itself. 3Truth is a savior and can only will for happiness and peace for everyone. 4It gives its strength to everyone who asks, in limitless supply. 5It sees that lack in anyone would be a lack in all. 6And so it gives its light that all may see and benefit as one. 7Its strength is shared, that it may bring to all the miracle in which they will unite in purpose and forgiveness and in love.
6. Weakness, which looks in darkness, cannot see a purpose in forgiveness and in love. 2It sees all others different from itself, and nothing in the world that it would share. 3It judges and condemns, but does not love. 4In darkness it remains to hide itself, and dreams that it is strong and conquering, a victor over limitations that but grow in darkness to enormous size.
7. It fears and it attacks and hates itself, and darkness covers everything it sees, leaving its dreams as fearful as itself. 2No miracles are here, but only hate. 3It separates itself from what it sees, while light and strength perceive themselves as one. 4The light of strength is not the light you see. 5It does not change and flicker and go out. 6It does not shift from night to day, and back to darkness till the morning comes again.
8. The light of strength is constant, sure as love, forever glad to give itself away, because it cannot give but to itself. 2No one can ask in vain to share its sight, and none who enters its abode can leave without a miracle before his eyes, and strength and light abiding in his heart.
9. The strength in you will offer you the light, and guide your seeing so you do not dwell on idle shadows that the body’s eyes provide for self-deception. 2Strength and light unite in you, and where they meet, your Self stands ready to embrace you as Its Own. 3Such is the meeting place we try today to find and rest in, for the peace of God is where your Self, His Son, is waiting now to meet Itself again, and be as one.
10. Let us give twenty minutes twice today to join this meeting. 2Let yourself be brought unto your Self. 3Its strength will be the light in which the gift of sight is given you. 4Leave, then, the dark a little while today, and we will practice seeing in the light, closing the body’s eyes and asking truth to show us how to find the meeting place of self and Self, where light and strength are one.
11. Morning and evening we will practice thus. 2After the morning meeting, we will use the day in preparation for the time at night when we will meet again in trust. 3Let us repeat as often as we can the idea for today, and recognize that we are being introduced to sight, and led away from darkness to the light where only miracles can be perceived.