I am as God created me.
1. Today we continue with the one idea which brings complete salvation; the one statement which makes all forms of temptation powerless; the one thought which renders the ego silent and entirely undone. 2You are as God created you. 3The sounds of this world are still, the sights of this world disappear, and all the thoughts that this world ever held are wiped away forever by this one idea. 4Here is salvation accomplished. 5Here is sanity restored.
2. True light is strength, and strength is sinlessness. 2If you remain as God created you, you must be strong and light must be in you. 3He Who ensured your sinlessness must be the guarantee of strength and light as well. 4You are as God created you. 5Darkness cannot obscure the glory of God’s Son. 6You stand in light, strong in the sinlessness in which you were created, and in which you will remain throughout eternity.
3. Today we will again devote the first five minutes of each waking hour to the attempt to feel the truth in you. 2Begin these times of searching with these words:
3I am as God created me.
4I am His Son eternally.
5Now try to reach the Son of God in you. 6This is the Self that never sinned, nor made an image to replace reality. 7This is the Self that never left Its home in God to walk the world uncertainly. 8This is the Self that knows no fear, nor could conceive of loss or suffering or death.
4. Nothing is required of you to reach this goal except to lay all idols and self-images aside; go past the list of attributes, both good and bad, you have ascribed to yourself; and wait in silent expectancy for the truth. 2God has Himself promised that it will be revealed to all who ask for it. 3You are asking now. 4You cannot fail because He cannot fail.
5. If you do not meet the requirement of practicing for the first five minutes of every hour, at least remind yourself hourly:
2I am as God created me.
3I am His Son eternally.
4Tell yourself frequently today that you are as God created you. 5And be sure to respond to anyone who seems to irritate you with these words:
6You are as God created you.
7You are His Son eternally.
8Make every effort to do the hourly exercises today. 9Each one you do will be a giant stride toward your release, and a milestone in learning the thought system which this course sets forth.