I will accept my part in God’s plan for salvation.
1. Today is a day of special dedication. 2We take a stand on but one side today. 3We side with truth and let illusions go. 4We will not vacillate between the two, but take a firm position with the One. 5We dedicate ourselves to truth today, and to salvation as God planned it be. 6We will not argue it is something else. 7We will not seek for it where it is not. 8In gladness we accept it as it is, and take the part assigned to us by God.
2. How happy to be certain! 2All our doubts we lay aside today, and take our stand with certainty of purpose, and with thanks that doubt is gone and surety has come. 3We have a mighty purpose to fulfill, and have been given everything we need with which to reach the goal. 4Not one mistake stands in our way. 5For we have been absolved from errors. 6All our sins are washed away by realizing they were but mistakes.
3. The guiltless have no fear, for they are safe and recognize their safety. 2They do not appeal to magic, nor invent escapes from fancied threats without reality. 3They rest in quiet certainty that they will do what it is given them to do. 4They do not doubt their own ability because they know their function will be filled completely in the perfect time and place. 5They took the stand which we will take today, that we may share their certainty and thus increase it by accepting it ourselves.
4. They will be with us; all who took the stand we take today will gladly offer us all that they learned and every gain they made. 2Those still uncertain, too, will join with us, and, borrowing our certainty, will make it stronger still. 3While those as yet unborn will hear the call we heard, and answer it when they have come to make their choice again. 4We do not choose but for ourselves today.
5. Is it not worth five minutes of your time each hour to be able to accept the happiness that God has given you? 2Is it not worth five minutes hourly to recognize your special function here? 3Is not five minutes but a small request to make in terms of gaining a reward so great it has no measure? 4You have made a thousand losing bargains at the least.
6. Here is an offer guaranteeing you your full release from pain of every kind, and joy the world does not contain. 2You can exchange a little of your time for peace of mind and certainty of purpose, with the promise of complete success. 3And since time has no meaning, you are being asked for nothing in return for everything. 4Here is a bargain that you cannot lose. 5And what you gain is limitless indeed!
7. Each hour today give Him your tiny gift of but five minutes. 2He will give the words you use in practicing today’s idea the deep conviction and the certainty you lack. 3His words will join with yours, and make each repetition of today’s idea a total dedication, made in faith as perfect and as sure as His in you. 4His confidence in you will bring the light to all the words you say, and you will go beyond their sound to what they really mean. 5Today you practice with Him, as you say:
6I will accept my part in God’s plan for salvation.
8. In each five minutes that you spend with Him, He will accept your words and give them back to you all bright with faith and confidence so strong and steady they will light the world with hope and gladness. 2Do not lose one chance to be the glad receiver of His gifts, that you may give them to the world today.
9. Give Him the words, and He will do the rest. 2He will enable you to understand your special function. 3He will open up the way to happiness, and peace and trust will be His gifts; His answer to your words. 4He will respond with all His faith and joy and certainty that what you say is true. 5And you will have conviction then of Him Who knows the function that you have on earth as well as Heaven. 6He will be with you each practice period you share with Him, exchanging every instant of the time you offer Him for timelessness and peace.
10. Throughout the hour, let your time be spent in happy preparation for the next five minutes you will spend again with Him. 2Repeat today’s idea while you wait for the glad time to come to you again. 3Repeat it often, and do not forget each time you do so, you have let your mind be readied for the happy time to come.
11. And when the hour goes and He is there once more to spend a little time with you, be thankful and lay down all earthly tasks, all little thoughts and limited ideas, and spend a happy time again with Him. 2Tell Him once more that you accept the part that He would have you take and help you fill, and He will make you sure you want this choice, which He has made with you and you with Him.