1. We now review again. 2This time we are ready to give more effort and more time to what we undertake. 3We recognize we are preparing for another phase of understanding. 4We would take this step completely, that we may go on again more certain, more sincere, with faith upheld more surely. 5Our footsteps have not been unwavering, and doubts have made us walk uncertainly and slowly on the road this course sets forth. 6But now we hasten on, for we approach a greater certainty, a firmer purpose and a surer goal.
2. Steady our feet, our Father. 2Let our doubts be quiet and our holy minds be still, and speak to us. 3We have no words to give to You. 4We would but listen to Your Word, and make it ours. 5Lead our practicing as does a father lead a little child along a way he does not understand. 6Yet does he follow, sure that he is safe because his father leads the way for him.
3. So do we bring our practicing to You. 2And if we stumble, You will raise us up. 3If we forget the way, we count upon Your sure remembering. 4We wander off, but You will not forget to call us back. 5Quicken our footsteps now, that we may walk more certainly and quickly unto You. 6And we accept the Word You offer us to unify our practicing, as we review the thoughts that You have given us.
4. This is the thought which should precede the thoughts that we review. 2Each one but clarifies some aspect of this thought, or helps it be more meaningful, more personal and true, and more descriptive of the holy Self we share and now prepare to know again:
3God is but Love, and therefore so am I.
4This Self alone knows Love. 5This Self alone is perfectly consistent in Its Thoughts; knows Its Creator, understands Itself, is perfect in Its knowledge and Its Love, and never changes from Its constant state of union with Its Father and Itself.
5. And it is this that waits to meet us at the journey’s ending. 2Every step we take brings us a little nearer. 3This review will shorten time immeasurably, if we keep in mind that this remains our goal, and as we practice it is this to which we are approaching. 4Let us raise our hearts from dust to life, as we remember this is promised us, and that this course was sent to open up the path of light to us, and teach us, step by step, how to return to the eternal Self we thought we lost.
6. I take the journey with you. 2For I share your doubts and fears a little while, that you may come to me who recognize the road by which all fears and doubts are overcome. 3We walk together. 4I must understand uncertainty and pain, although I know they have no meaning. 5Yet a savior must remain with those he teaches, seeing what they see, but still retaining in his mind the way that led him out, and now will lead you out with him. 6God’s Son is crucified until you walk along the road with me.
7. My resurrection comes again each time I lead a brother safely to the place at which the journey ends and is forgot. 2I am renewed each time a brother learns there is a way from misery and pain. 3I am reborn each time a brother’s mind turns to the light in him and looks for me. 4I have forgotten no one. 5Help me now to lead you back to where the journey was begun, to make another choice with me.
8. Release me as you practice once again the thoughts I brought to you from Him Who sees your bitter need, and knows the answer God has given Him. 2Together we review these thoughts. 3Together we devote our time and effort to them. 4And together we will teach them to our brothers. 5God would not have Heaven incomplete. 6It waits for you, as I do. 7I am incomplete without your part in me. 8And as I am made whole we go together to our ancient home, prepared for us before time was and kept unchanged by time, immaculate and safe, as it will be at last when time is done.
9. Let this review be then your gift to me. 2For this alone I need; that you will hear the words I speak, and give them to the world. 3You are my voice, my eyes, my feet, my hands through which I save the world. 4The Self from which I call to you is but your own. 5To Him we go together. 6Take your brother’s hand, for this is not a way we walk alone. 7In him I walk with you, and you with me. 8Our Father wills His Son be one with Him. 9What lives but must not then be one with you?
10. Let this review become a time in which we share a new experience for you, yet one as old as time and older still. 2Hallowed your Name. 3Your glory undefiled forever. 4And your wholeness now complete, as God established it. 5You are His Son, completing His extension in your own. 6We practice but an ancient truth we knew before illusion seemed to claim the world. 7And we remind the world that it is free of all illusions every time we say:
8God is but Love, and therefore so am I.
11. With this we start each day of our review. 2With this we start and end each period of practice time. 3And with this thought we sleep, to waken once again with these same words upon our lips, to greet another day. 4No thought that we review but we surround with it, and use the thoughts to hold it up before our minds, and keep it clear in our rememberance throughout the day. 5And thus, when we have finished this review, we will have recognized the words we speak are true.
12. Yet are the words but aids, and to be used, except at the beginning and the end of practice periods, but to recall the mind, as needed, to its purpose. 2We place faith in the experience that comes from practice, not the means we use. 3We wait for the experience, and recognize that it is only here conviction lies. 4We use the words, and try and try again to go beyond them to their meaning, which is far beyond their sound. 5The sound grows dim and disappears, as we approach the Source of meaning. 6It is Here that we find rest.