What Is the World?
1. The world is false perception. 2It is born of error, and it has not left its source. 3It will remain no longer than the thought that gave it birth is cherished. 4When the thought of separation has been changed to one of true forgiveness, will the world be seen in quite another light; and one which leads to truth, where all the world must disappear and all its errors vanish. 5Now its source has gone, and its effects are gone as well.
2. The world was made as an attack on God. 2It symbolizes fear. 3And what is fear except love’s absence? 4Thus the world was meant to be a place where God could enter not, and where His Son could be apart from Him. 5Here was perception born, for knowledge could not cause such insane thoughts. 6But eyes deceive, and ears hear falsely. 7Now mistakes become quite possible, for certainty has gone.
3. The mechanisms of illusion have been born instead. 2And now they go to find what has been given them to seek. 3Their aim is to fulfill the purpose which the world was made to witness and make real. 4They see in its illusions but a solid base where truth exists, upheld apart from lies. 5Yet everything that they report is but illusion which is kept apart from truth.
4. As sight was made to lead away from truth, it can be redirected. 2Sounds become the call for God, and all perception can be given a new purpose by the One Whom God appointed Savior to the world. 3Follow His light, and see the world as He beholds it. 4Hear His Voice alone in all that speaks to you. 5And let Him give you peace and certainty, which you have thrown away, but Heaven has preserved for you in Him.
5. Let us not rest content until the world has joined our changed perception. 2Let us not be satisfied until forgiveness has been made complete. 3And let us not attempt to change our function. 4We must save the world. 5For we who made it must behold it through the eyes of Christ, that what was made to die can be restored to everlasting life.