What Is the Real World?
1. The real world is a symbol, like the rest of what perception offers. 2Yet it stands for what is opposite to what you made. 3Your world is seen through eyes of fear, and brings the witnesses of terror to your mind. 4The real world cannot be perceived except through eyes forgiveness blesses, so they see a world where terror is impossible, and witnesses to fear can not be found.
2. The real world holds a counterpart for each unhappy thought reflected in your world; a sure correction for the sights of fear and sounds of battle which your world contains. 2The real world shows a world seen differently, through quiet eyes and with a mind at peace. 3Nothing but rest is there. 4There are no cries of pain and sorrow heard, for nothing there remains outside forgiveness. 5And the sights are gentle. 6Only happy sights and sounds can reach the mind that has forgiven itself.
3. What need has such a mind for thoughts of death, attack and murder? 2What can it perceive surrounding it but safety, love and joy? 3What is there it would choose to be condemned, and what is there that it would judge against? 4The world it sees arises from a mind at peace within itself. 5No danger lurks in anything it sees, for it is kind, and only kindness does it look upon.
4. The real world is the symbol that the dream of sin and guilt is over, and God’s Son no longer sleeps. 2His waking eyes perceive the sure reflection of his Father’s Love; the certain promise that he is redeemed. 3The real world signifies the end of time, for its perception makes time purposeless.
5. The Holy Spirit has no need of time when it has served His purpose. 2Now He waits but that one instant more for God to take His final step, and time has disappeared, taking perception with it as it goes, and leaving but the truth to be itself. 3That instant is our goal, for it contains the memory of God. 4And as we look upon a world forgiven, it is He Who calls to us and comes to take us home, reminding us of our Identity which our forgiveness has restored to us.