Permission Policy for quoting from A Course In Miracles
Copyright of A Course In Miracles
The copyright for A Course in Miracles is for the Combined Volume, Second Edition ©1992 and Third Edition ©2007 by the Foundation for Inner Peace. All Rights Reserved. All derivatives of A Course in Miracles are covered by its copyright.
Audio of A Course in Miracles, narrated by Jim Stewart, copyrighted ©1996 by the Foundation for Inner Peace. Supplements of the Course, narrated by Brad Cahill, copyrighted ©(P)2012 by the Foundation for Inner Peace. All Rights Reserved.
If you have a permission request, please complete this form.
We hope to encourage as much discussion of the Course as possible among students.
We have implemented a very liberal permissions policy for quoting from the Course. This applies to all English editions and all translations.
PRINT or TEXT (see below for audio, video, apps and products):
For quotations in any print or text work, including books, articles, study guides, magazines, blogs, websites, etc., you may freely use up to 100 paragraphs from the Course without our written permission provided that you meet all requirements in this Checklist.
- Course quotations do not constitute more than 25% of the work.
- You do not quote more than one entire chapter of the Text, more than ten consecutive Workbook lessons, more than three consecutive sections from the Manual for Teachers, or more than two sections from either of the Supplements (Psychotherapy and Song of Prayer).
- You reference all quotes using the annotated referencing system.
- You properly acknowledge the Foundation for Inner Peace as publisher and copyright holder by placing the following acknowledgment (below) on the copyright page of your book or prominently at the top or bottom of your quoted work for other print and textual materials, and on websites or other media.
Only use these statements ONCE you are given written permission by Foundation for Inner Peace:
For English editions:
- “All quotes are from A Course in Miracles, copyright ©1992, 1999, 2007 by the Foundation for Inner Peace, 448 Ignacio Blvd., #306, Novato, CA 94949, www.acim.org, used with permission.”
For Translations (e.g. Spanish):
- “All quotes are from Un Curso De Milagros, copyright ©1995, 2018 by the Foundation for Inner Peace, 448 Ignacio Blvd., #306, Novato, CA 94949, www.acim.org, used with permission.”
Required Written Permission
If you want to quote more than 100 paragraphs or if Course quotations make up more than 25% of your print of text work, then you will need to obtain permission from the Foundation. Please complete this form with your request for intended use of Course material.
Note that we will not approve and wherever possible will take action to prevent the online or print publication of the Course that does not conform to these permissions guidelines. We believe that it is our responsibility, assigned to us by the Course’s Author through Dr. Helen Schucman, to publish and distribute the Course in keeping with His wishes throughout the world.
All products, apps, audio, video recordings require written permission from the Foundation for Inner Peace. Depending on the project, we may require you to enter into a royalty contract with the Foundation. Please be sure to include a detailed description of your work or product, which portions of the Course you intend to use in your work, and how it will be distributed or sold.
Last updated on March 16, 2021.
The only edition in the public domain, is the first English edition of A Course in Miracles which may be freely quoted. This applies only in the United States. We welcome your acknowledgment of the Foundation for Inner Peace as scribe-authorized publisher.
This first edition and all other editions of the Course are fully copyright protected throughout the world.