In 1975 when A Course in Miracles was first introduced to a handful of interested students, the only way for others to learn about it was through word-of-mouth gatherings. Yet this little grassroots beginning without fanfare soon began growing so rapidly that local and national news outlets took notice and felt compelled to report on this “miracles story” – and those involved in it.
In recalling that early period of the 1970s and ‘80s – when the Course with its participating students made history – a random display of news clippings from the Course‘s archives was assembled for viewing and reading. They range widely from the likes of The New York Times, Philadelphia Enquirer, The Guardian (London) to USA Today, San Francisco Examiner, and the Dallas Times Herald.
If you have a similar type news clip covering this period that you would like to share for possible posting on this page, please scan and send to FIP.
Names of the newspapers that carried stories about A Course in Miracles along with the dates of the articles. Some of the listings have links to the actual article that has been retyped to display on this site.
- Philadelphia, PA: Philadelphia Inquirer (Aug. 12, 1979) The Miracles of the Inner Self” by Clair Huff
- London: The Guardian (May 1, 1985) “Who Wants to Take a Three-Part Course in Miracles?”
- Los Angeles, CA: LA Life, Daily News (June 9, 1985) “Drifter in faith finds an anchor in Course” by Terry Young
- Dallas, TX: Dallas Times Herald, Living (July 20, 1985) “A Course in Miracles: Study Groups Spread Text on Spirituality” by Drew Jubera
- Perth, Washington: The Record (Feb. 2, 1989) “Course of Miracles: Whatever does that mean?” by Colleen McGiness-Howard
- Winona, MN: Winona Daily News (July 8, 1989): “They’re Studying Miracles” by Tom Owen
- Maine: MaineSay (December 18, 1993) “Miracles can be rediscovered in Waterville” by Gini Cost
- USA Today (May 29, 1996) “A Course in Miracles Opened up to the masses” by Deirdre R. Schwiesow
- Clearwater, FL: Sun METRO NEWS (May 11, 1983) “Inner voice prompts ‘Course in Miracles‘” by Bob Driver
- Novato, CA: Marin Independent Journal (August 31, 1996) “S.F. Mayer to be on ‘Miracle’ TV show in Marin” by Karen Pierce Gonzalez