We, at the Foundation for Inner Peace, are deeply grateful to our partners on the path whose donations and bequests continue to help us carry out our mission of publishing, distributing and discussing A Course in Miracles throughout the world.
Support A Course in Miracles
“Love is the way we walk in gratitude” (W-195)
The Foundation for Inner Peace is the official publisher of A Course in Miracles, as authorized by its scribes. The Foundation has sponsored translation of the Course into twenty-seven different languages, with two more in process – Farsi and Arabic are on the way!
For over forty years, the Foundation for Inner Peace has been committed to the mission of publishing, distributing, and discussing A Course in Miracles. People around the globe support the Foundation for Inner Peace because the Course has impacted their lives for the better.
Working with A Course in Miracles has the power to minimize pain and bring peace to our lives.
Our expanded vision is to be in a world where love and forgiveness are the basis of human interaction. At the Foundation for Inner Peace, we are deeply grateful to our partners on the path whose donations help us advance our mission.
Your generosity as a donor will help continue this work.
A Course in Miracles teaches us that the more we give ourselves to this teaching, the more we receive its gifts. “To give and to receive are one in truth.” (W-108)
How We Steward Your Donations
We honor your partnership and work to steward our resources in the best possible way to serve our vision of a more loving way of being in the world. Donations allow us to make our work accessible to a broad and inclusive community via scholarships and free content. For example, donations help to fund the following:
- Monthly Webinars – Each month, we offer the opportunity to join with people around the world in our online Let’s Discuss A Course in Miracles webinars.
- Podcasts – Miracles Voices, a podcast, allows listeners to hear stories of forgiveness that come from integrating the principles of A Course in Miracles.
- ACIM Web Edition – Our new Web Edition, also known as the W.E., makes Course study more accessible than ever. In addition to complete versions of the Text, Workbook, and Manual for Teachers, it includes supplementary material and provides audio of the Workbook, a quote generator complete with ACIM annotations, and a fast and comprehensive search feature. We plan to add features as we receive the funding to do so.
- Translation Program – A Course in Miracles has been translated into twenty-seven languages, with two more in the works. Your support enables us to continue to engage experienced translators with exceptional qualifications and skills. These translators, who are thoroughly vetted, bring a well-educated, comprehensive understanding of the Course to their work, along with the ability to convey its complex concepts and meaning.
- Prisoner Program – Through your donations, we provide a copy of A Course in Miracles to inmates who request the book.
- Scholarship Program – We provide A Course in Miracles books to those who request a copy.
Thank you for your support in entrusting us with this mission.
How to Donate
Click here to make a one-time or recurring donation to the Foundation for Inner Peace. Contributions of any amount are received with gratitude and are tax-deductible in the United States.
You can dedicate a donation to a family member, friend, or other loved one.
Here are some other ways to support the Foundation for Inner Peace:
- Make your Amazon purchases through the Amazon Smile program and designate the Foundation for Inner Peace as your charity. Amazon then donates a small percentage of each sale to the Foundation. This is easy and ongoing, and there is no additional cost to you.
- Host a Facebook Fundraiser. This method allows you to share your love of the Course by encouraging friends to help you raise money on Facebook. It’s interactive and fun! Many students do this to celebrate their birthdays.
- Send a check. Make your check payable to “Foundation for Inner Peace” and send it along with your email address and phone number to:
Foundation for Inner Peace
448 Ignacio Blvd, Suite 306
Novato, CA 94949-6085
- Make a donation directly from your bank to ours. To set up a one-time ACH/EFT donation, email our Development Director and we can walk you through the details.
- Transfer stock. Gifts of stock or other securities are often cost-effective giving methods, due to the taxation policies on appreciated assets. To contribute this way, please contact the Development Director with any questions.
Thank you for your generosity and support of our shared purpose.
Donations via Estate Planning
You can include the Foundation for Inner Peace in your estate planning.
Retirement Accounts: For individuals with larger estate or retirement assets (IRAs, 401(k) accounts, etc.) which are heavily taxed, we welcome discussing how your retirement account donation is tax-effective for charitable giving. Please email our Development Director for details.
Bequests: A bequest is a gift of property made through a will or a living trust and is a powerful way to support the Foundation for Inner Peace.
The following sentence may be helpful to you in naming the Foundation in your will:
“I give, devise and bequeath to the Foundation for Inner Peace, with offices located in (fill in location; as of 2021, 448 Ignacio Blvd, Suite 306 Novato, CA), the sum of $______, to be used for its general purposes as determined by the Board of Directors of the Foundation for Inner Peace.”
If you decide to name the Foundation as a beneficiary in your will or trust, we would appreciate receiving a copy of the document, as well as your attorney’s name and address if available.
Income-Splitting Arrangements: For valuable assets that generate an income stream, there are a number of planned giving arrangements that split the ownership of the income from the underlying asset. Here are two typical arrangements that can be formalized:
- The gifter can retain the income for life, and transfer the asset to the Foundation at the end of life.
- The gifter can transfer the income to the Foundation during the gifter’s life, but retain ownership of the asset, which will then be part of the gifter’s estate.
Your Donation Receipts
The Foundation for Inner Peace is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, designated a Public Charity. To the extent authorized by current law, contributions are tax deductible.
The Foundation for Inner Peace acknowledges each donation with a thank-you email or letter that serves as a receipt.
If your donations during a calendar year total $250 or more, a receipt for tax purposes will be provided at the end of the year. If you need an additional copy of a receipt or a statement of your donations for the previous year, please reach out to our Development Director. (Note that in the United States, the IRS does not require contributions under $250 to be verified by a receipt.)
To update your mailing or email address, or to request additional information regarding the Foundation’s stewardship of donations or a copy of our 990 financial statements, or to ask any other question, please email our Development Director.