At the Foundation for Inner Peace, we are deeply grateful to our partners on the path whose donations and bequests continue to help us carry out our mission of publishing, distributing and discussing A Course in Miracles throughout the world.
Support A Course in Miracles
“Love is the way we walk in gratitude” (W-195)
The Foundation for Inner Peace is the official publisher of A Course in Miracles, as authorized by its scribes, Helen Schucman and Bill Thetford. The Foundation has sponsored translations of the Course into over two dozen languages, with Farsi and Arabic on the way!
For over forty years, people around the globe have supported the Foundation for Inner Peace, because the Course has led them to deeper peace.
Your generosity as a donor will help continue this work.
A Course in Miracles teaches us that the more we give ourselves to this teaching, the more we receive its gifts.
“To give and to receive are one in truth.” (W-108)
“Love is the way we walk in gratitude” ( W-195)
How We Steward Your Donations
We honor your partnership and your donations help to fund the following:
Monthly Webinars – Each month, we offer the opportunity to join with people around the world in our online Let’s Discuss A Course in Miracles webinars.
Podcasts – Miracles Voices, a podcast, allows listeners to hear stories of forgiveness that come from applying the principles of A Course in Miracles.
A Course in Miracles Web Edition – Our recently published online Web Edition, also known as the W.E., makes Course study more accessible than ever. In addition to the complete Text, Workbook, and Manual for Teachers, it includes supplementary material and provides audio of the Workbook, a quote generator with annotations, and a fast and comprehensive search feature. We plan to add features as we receive the funding.
Audiobooks – The English audio is available on a USB drive, an MP3 CD set as well as YouTube. The development of audiobooks in different languages continues. We have completed Hebrew and Portuguese. The French and Spanish are in process.
Translation Program – A Course in Miracles has been translated into more than 2 dozen languages. Your support enables us to continue to engage experienced translators with exceptional qualifications and skills. These translators bring a comprehensive understanding of A Course in Miracles to their work, along with the ability to convey its complex concepts and meaning.
Social Media – We are expanding our presence on Social Media platforms which include Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Tik-Tok.
- Prisoner Program – We provide copies of A Course in Miracles to inmates who request them.
- Scholarship Program – We provide copies of A Course in Miracles to those who are financially strained and unable to afford them.
- Our Daily Operations – We are Committed to Higher Guidance and Applied Course Principles
Thank you for participating with us in this mission!
How to Give
Click here to make a one-time or recurring donation to the Foundation for Inner Peace. Contributions of any amount are received with gratitude and are tax-deductible in the United States.
- Send a check or cash. Make your check payable to “Foundation for Inner Peace” and send it along with your email address and phone number to:
Foundation for Inner Peace
448 Ignacio Blvd, Suite 306
Novato, CA 94949-6085
- Make a donation directly from your bank to ours. To set up a one-time ACH/EFT donation, email our Chief Development Officer and we can walk you through the details.
- Zelle® is a safe way to send money to FIP. It is in a lot of banking apps, probably yours! No worries if your bank or credit union doesn’t offer Zelle® yet – you can download and use the Zelle® app until they do. Look for Zelle® in your banking app to get started.
- In Memory Of/In Honor Of you can dedicate a donation to a family member, friend, or other loved one.
- Host a Facebook Fundraiser. This method allows you to share your love of the Course by encouraging friends to help you raise money on Facebook. It’s interactive and fun! Many students do this to celebrate their birthdays.
- Family Foundations
- Corporate Matching Donation
- Tithe from your Course in Miracles groups
- Transfer Appreciated Stock / Real Estate / Life Insurance Policy. Gifts of stock or other securities are often cost-effective giving methods, due to the taxation policies on appreciated assets.
- Jewelry / Personal Property
- Hold a fundraiser to benefit the Foundation for Inner Peace selling jewelry, crafts or other goods
Estate Planning Giving
- Retirement Accounts: For individuals with larger estate or retirement assets (IRAs, 401(k) accounts, etc.) which are heavily taxed, we welcome discussing how your retirement account donation is tax-effective for charitable giving.
- Legacy Giving / Bequests: A bequest is a gift of property made through a will or a living trust.
The following sentence may be helpful to you in naming the Foundation in your will:
“I give, devise and bequeath to the Foundation for Inner Peace, with offices located in (fill in location; as of 2021, 448 Ignacio Blvd, Suite 306 Novato, CA), the sum of $______, to be used for its general purposes as determined by the Board of Directors of the Foundation for Inner Peace.”
If you choose to name the Foundation as a beneficiary in your will or trust, please send a copy of the document as well as your attorney and financial planner’s contact information to the address above.
- Donor Advised Funds (DAF): A donor-advised fund is a simple, tax-smart investment solution for charitable giving. By setting up a donor-advised fund, you can work through a sponsor organization who will allocate giving amounts in a tax-efficient way, investing assets for potential tax-free growth. All DAFs are managed by “sponsors”—tax-exempt public charities that can administer any number of individual DAF accounts. Sponsors include community foundations, the charitable arms of investment managers such as Fidelity and Charles Schwab, religious organizations, and universities.
- Income-Splitting Arrangements: Tax policy of fictional attributing earned and passive income of one spouse to the other spouse for the purposes of assessing personal income tax. Here are two typical arrangements that can be formalized:
The gifter can retain the income for life and transfer the asset to the Foundation at the end of life.
The gifter can transfer the income to the Foundation during the gifter’s life, but retain ownership of the asset, which will then be part of the gifter’s estate.
Your Donation Receipts
The Foundation for Inner Peace is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, designated a Public Charity. To the extent authorized by current law, contributions are tax deductible.
The Foundation for Inner Peace acknowledges each donation with a thank-you email or letter that serves as a receipt.
If your donations during a calendar year total $250 or more, a receipt for tax purposes will be provided at the end of the year. If you need an additional copy of a receipt or a statement of your donations for the previous year, please reach out to our Chief Development Officer. (Note that in the United States, the IRS does not require contributions under $250 to be verified by a receipt.)
To update your mailing or email address, or to request additional information regarding the Foundation’s stewardship of donations or a copy of our 990 financial statements, or to ask any other question, please email our Chief Development Officer.
The Foundation for Inner Peace is a 501(c)(3) public charity and your donation is tax-deductible to the fullest extent permitted by law. The tax ID number for the Foundation for Inner Peace is #23-7174187.
Thank you for your generosity and support of our shared purpose.